Mac Tips – Making your own ringtones for iPhones
One of the drawbacks of an iPhone is the inability to select your own tracks as the ringtone, however you can make your own by following these steps:
1. Select the track you wish to use.
2. Select the section of the track you wish to have as your ringtone. There are two ways of doing this:
2.1.1 Right click on the track and select “get info”
2.1.2 A new window will pop up, select the options tab.
2.1.3 Check the boxes next to both Start Time and Stop Time and enter the times you want your new ringtone to start and stop (the maximum length
is 40 seconds) then click OK. This will return you to your music library.
2.1.4 Right click on this file and select – convert selection to AAC.
2.2.1 Use audio editing software to cut the selection you want.
2.2.2 Convert the selection to AAC.
3. Find this track on your machine and change the file extension from *.m4a to *.m4r
4. Import this track into your iTunes.
5. Connect your iPhone and sync. The track should now appear as a ringtone on your iPhone.
Come check out the directory for the rest of my Mac tips!